Giving Someone Permission to your Facebook Page

Need to pass on your page to someone else? Need to add someone else to help with Facebook posts?

It’s very easy to give someone permission to edit your Facebook page, or take it over.

Simply go to “Settings” and “Page Roles” (on the left)

In this area, just start typing the person’s Facebook Account name (It’s easier if they are friends with you) and when the name comes up in the dropdown, click it. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, YOU MUST CLICK THE NAME IN THE DROPDOWN.

The account name is the name after the facebook URL in someone’s profile. For instance, mine is at https://www.facebook.com/samanthadotnet (samanthadotnet)

Next, select the role level from the list of choices. If you are adding a user who will help you, then select Manager.  If you are adding me, please give me “Admin”.  You will have to enter your Facebook password again to complete the action.

Now the other person can remove you (if they are taking it over).

If the person does not come up in the drop down list, you can try to add them with their email account. You MUST use the email address they used to register an account on Facebook. If you are still having problems, please make me an admin on your page and I will assist you with the transition. My account name is samanthadotnet.