By cleverly targeting certain hashtags you’ll be more likely to start conversations, increase your engagement and ultimately get more followers.
- a single word or short phrase with no spaces
- don’t start with or only use numbers
- no special characters like !^*
- underscores technically are ok, but don’t work well conversationally
- use uppercase letters to break up the words #TwitterTips
- use 1 or 2 per tweet, maybe 3 if necessary #but #not #every #word
Joining in on trends:
- be cautious of chiming in on sensitive topics
- research why the hashtag is trending before using it
- add something unique to the conversation
- be genuine with your message
Remember to have fun with it and keep an eye on your Twitter analytics to see what works best for you.